Hello,

I'm attempting to use Zend_Rest for posting an XML request document and
receiving a response.  Basically I'm attempting to do the following with
Zend_Rest:

                function do_post_request($url, $data, $optional_headers
= null){

                                $params = array('http' => array(

'method' => 'POST',

'content' => $data

));

                                if( $optional_headers !== null )

$params['http']['header'] = $optional_headers;

                                $ctx = stream_context_create($params);

                                $fp = @fopen($url, 'rb', false, $ctx);

                                if( !$fp )

                                                throw new
Exception("Problem with $url, $php_errormsg");

                                $response = @stream_get_contents($fp);

                                if( $response === false )

                                                throw new
Exception("Problem reading data from $url, $php_errormsg");

                                return $response;

                }

In that function the $data parameter is the XML request document - the
returned response is an XML document.

Here is what I've got using the Zend framework so far:

    public function getResponse(){

                $requestDoc = $this->_RSR->generateRequest();

                $this->_rest = new
Zend_Rest_Client('https://full_url/goes_here');

                //$result = $this->_rest->post($requestDoc);

                $result =
$this->_rest->post('https://full_url/goes_here', $requestDoc);

                return $result;

    }

With the first way of calling the post I get a URI exception - so I put
the url as the first parameter, and the document as the second and then
I apparently get some sort of response (though not the expected XML
response), and that response causes simplexml_load_string to spit out
MANY errors.

Anybody know how I can do what I'm looking to do?  Maybe Zend_Rest isn't
the correct component - but I would like to use something in the Zend
Framework.

Thanks,

Chris Kolkman