I want to keep the forms separated in the views and thus would like to parse
generated forms in views. Instead of relying on Zend_Form decorators
generated HTML, I would like to do it all manually. It gets extremely messy
when I have to use decorators with few of my HTML-rich forms.

Perhaps I want to create <div> and other such HTML elements myself, but use
Zend_Form's decorators to create the input, select, etc. (and obviously have
them filled when editing). That still should save me from writing lot of
repeated code.

In views, I wish if something like this was possible: (where $this->form is
a form created using Zend_Form in the controller)

As I see it, each element's data is protected and thus cannot be accessed
from outside. Maybe I should try sub-classing Zend_Form each time but that
still will require me to spend a lot of time to figure out how to do it
right.

If someone has already done something similar, please do let me know.