> So, for instance, 'my_decorator' is a bad class name as it (a) doesn't
> follow Zend coding standards, and (b) tells nothing about what it does.
> From what you say, it sounds like it's a submit button decorator -- so
> let's call it 'My_Decorator_Submit'. Place it in
> 'My/Decorator/Submit.php' somewhere in your include_path.

Of course my_decorator was just an example, perhaps a bad one, but I do name
my files according to the Zend coding standard and I do name them
descriptively.

> Then, tell the form about the path:

>     $this->addElementPrefixPath('My_Decorator', 'My/Decorator/',
> 'decorator');

> When you add the decorator, you can then add it like other decorators:

>     array(
>        'decorator' => 'Submit',
>        'options'   => array('numColumns' => value, 'placement' => value),
>    )

I got this to work but now I face another problem. I want to put an id in
the <td> tag that surrounds the labels. I've got it to work with the input
elements but not with the labels. I've tried every option I could think
about including making my own decorator and coming pretty close but without
success.
Have to say that these decorators are a bit complicated to use and could do
with some more documentation. Perhaps a few standard decoration themes like
for example a table is something to consider when adding to Zend_Form

Thank you for your help so far.