Hi James,

Yes, the reason I added this line to the TestHelper was for accommodating the Zend_Session tests, which depend on headers_sent() returning false prior to their running.

I did not merge this change to the release-1.5 branch [yet], as I suspected this change would meet with some resistance (e.g., "why can't I see test results as they occur, rather than when they are done?").

All things considered, I should probably remove this line from the TestHelper, and the Zend_Session test suite should be rewritten such that it does not matter whether output had occurred before the suite is run.

Does anyone else have an opinion on this to share?

Thanks!

Best regards,
Darby

James Dempster wrote:
Is there any reason why the unit tests are output buffered?

-- TestHelper.php #22 --
/*
 * Start output buffering
 */