That also sounds like a good idea, a lot less work than extending the form element probably. I'' check these both out too.

Thanks Marcus.

Marcus Bointon wrote:
On 16 May 2008, at 15:17, Chris MacPherson wrote:

Has anyone covered this ground before at all? Or have any ideas or pointers that I can check out.

Several widget projects have good date selectors - take a look at dojo. I also like Zapatec's calendar as it's the only one I've found that lets you pick date and time together and display more than one month. As far as your form goes, they pop a correctly formatted date into a text or hidden field.

Marcus