From: Thomas Fritz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 19 May 2008 17:06
To: fw-general@lists.zend.com
Subject: Re: [fw-general] OT: Website Mock-Up Design Tool for Win(/Lin/Mac)

Hi Ben! Hi Eric! Thank you for your answer

Ben Scholzen 'DASPRiD' wrote:

> Hm, when talking about "runs everywhere", maybe Gimp?

Well, you are right. Gimp is available on "all" Platforms. But i do not want
to "design" a site or project, i want to create simply ugly wireframes (like
eric wrote) swith pre defined Controls like Input fields, textareas, Drop
down Boxes, Checkboxes, etc...

Eric Marden wrote:
>I do wireframes (black + white, mostly layout and placement only) and
mock-ups (full-color treatments, ready to slice+style) in Photoshop and/or
Fireworks. I'd also like to get >into HTML Mock-Ups, that is, doing the
screens (views) in XHTML/CSS but not having them hooked up to any
functioning php code. Allows you to nail the UI while its still >malleable
and before its linked to any real code.

>OmniGraffle and Visio are nice tools, but I found them to be clunky when
doing wireframes, and completely inadequate for mock-ups. But if you do like
them, exporting to PDF >is one way to pass them about, but editing will have
to be done on and with the native tools.

I have to say that i did not tried Gimp / Photoshop / Fireworks for this and
i have no experience with Gimp / Photoshop / Fireworks- Perhaps its also
very simple.

I like to simply drag and drop those controls, arrange and rearrange them
while planning a new project or site with others.
I do not need any export functionality really but exporting to pdf would be
cool, exporting to HTML would even be cooler. ;-)

I also think that Visio is tooo big and fat (and expensive). As i said. But
I havent found an other tool for doing this.;-)

I hope someone can give some advice here.

Thomas

This email has been scanned for all known viruses by the MessageLabs Email
Security Service and the Macro 4 plc internal virus protection system.