-- Greg Donald <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
(on Thursday, 29 May 2008, 09:51 AM -0500):
> On 5/29/08, Matthew Weier O'Phinney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > You need to set the doctype in
> >  your bootstrap or an early-running plugin so that it can be used in your
> >  action view scripts; when you set it in the layout, it's too late, as
> >  these have already been rendered.
>
> That would seem problematic since it would force the application to
> only use a single doctype, using XHTML1_STRICT when I really need to
> use XHTML1_FRAMESET for example.

The helpers that are doctype aware are only considering whether or not
they are HTML or XHTML -- strictness is not considered.

Additionally, you can always switch doctype temporarily within your
application view scripts if they need to emit differently than the rest
of the application

Software Architect       | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Zend - The PHP Company   | http://www.zend.com/