To: <fw-general@lists.zend.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2008 10:10 AM
Subject: Re: [fw-general] Zend_Translate DB support

Thanks Thomas,

I might be thinking of something more related to Zend_Db than Zend_Translate, where you can access translated strings in your database model seamlessly. Symphony has a nice model which creates a <table_name>_i18n table with all text strings by language code.

http://www.symfony-project.org/book/1_0/13-I18n-and-L10n#Text Information in the Database

I'm thinking something similar could be done that I'm guessing crosses the boundaries of Zend_Db and Zend_Translate. From what I can tell an SQL adapter for Zend_Translate isn't that.

best wishes,
Simon