No one's blaming anyone for the code, it's what the response is, and will be. Bugs will happen... but will backports? If you search the lists you'll find numerous attempts to get a security policy discussion started, and it never goes anywhere.

So lets get somewhere already.

How is the project going to respond to a validator that is letting tainted information into applications. Maybe Matthew, as architect, can respond on what Zend is doing to address this and other security disclosures with the framework?

Kevin

P.S. Far from complaining without action, I've tried to get this subject addressed, proactively, numerous times. I've been critical of the SVN externals distribution, critical of attempts to get a Zend Framework 'package' released for Linux distributions, and I've always brought up security issues with the development team as I've found them. We need some leadership and responsibility from Zend on the security policy.

Thomas Weidner wrote:
I'm not the one to blame as I am not the author of Zend_Validate.

But I think it's always better to write a issue regardless of what the type is set "new" or "improvement" or "bug" or "problem" or "whatever", than discussing here how the author meant his implementation.

Maybe he made a problem in the api doc, maybe in his implementation.
Only the author knows this.

Related to your PS, this shows only that the author has not wrote the right unit tests. Because this is true for this particular component does not mean that it's true for the complete framework. But it's always easier to complain about the failures of others. I understand this. :-)

Greetings
Thomas Weidner, I18N Team Leader, Zend Framework
http://www.thomasweidner.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin McArthur" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>