Hello List (and Matthew)

Just started working with Zend_Form and I'm liking it so far. One thing I'm
wondering about though, which came up when I was working with a login form
using Zend_Auth. It would be great if there was a method for adding error
messages to an element with a public method. This example should explain it
pretty well:

// Execute authentication and save the result
$result = Zend_Auth::getInstance()->authenticate($adapter);

// Handle authentication results
switch ($result->getCode()) {
    case Zend_Auth_Result::FAILURE_IDENTITY_NOT_FOUND:
        $form->getElement('username')->addError('The supplied username is
invalid');
        break;
    case Zend_Auth_Result::FAILURE_IDENTITY_AMBIGUOUS:
        $form->getElement('username')->addError('The supplied username is
not unique');
        break;
    case Zend_Auth_Result::FAILURE_CREDENTIAL_INVALID:
        $form->getElement('password')->addError('The supplied password is
invalid');
        break;
    case Zend_Auth_Result::SUCCESS:
        $this->_helper->Redirector('index', 'index');
        break;
}

Thank you for an otherwise excellent component!

/Jens Ljungblad