Packaging decisions are relatively easy to implement, and we have gotten
requests for smaller packages in the past. If the new package is 26MB,
then there is actually more pressure on both ends (we need to preserve
some download bandwidth, too!) to deliver a slim package. So a) there
isn't too much to be inferred from the release candidates' sizes about
the packaging/packages in the final production release, b) we understand
and appreciate the need for a smaller package and we'll be looking at
the best solution with the help of the community, and c) no matter what
we do, there will still be one 'kitchen sink' package for those who want
everything all in one convenient- albeit potentially large- archive.

,Wil

I'm