Hi all,

It is my pleasure to announce that the first ever Preview Release of Zym is available now! We've labeled it 0.5.0PR, which should be a clear sign that this is not a release that's considered stable. Although it's still a PR, it's actually quite usable and definitely worth checking out. Most things have been tested and work fine, however we can't guarantee a stable API at this point.

For those of you who don't know what Zym is, allow me to paste the first paragraph of the about page:

"Zym is an application level PHP5 framework that streamlines the development of applications in a consistent manor using a set of defined conventions and patterns. It is based off of Zend Framework and therefore inherits ZF's loose-coupled "use-at-will" architecture. Zym becomes the "glue" for bringing Zend Framework's components together to similate a "full-stack" framework without the restrictions of one."

You can download the preview release at:
http://www.zym-project.com/download/

Check out the demo:
http://demo.zym-project.com/
(at the moment of writing the demo isn't available for everybody, due to a change of nameserver. Try http://zym.kameleon.ws/ instead.)

For more information, visit our website:
http://www.zym-project.com/

And have a look at the API docs and manual:
http://www.zym-project.com/docs/latest/api/
http://www.zym-project.com/docs/reference/

Please enjoy this preview release. Don't forget to report any bug you find on our issue tracker! ;)
http://code.google.com/p/zym/issues/list

Component Highlights:
Zym_App
Zym_Cache