-- Michał Zieliński <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
(on Tuesday, 05 August 2008, 06:20 AM -0700):

> Yes but caching doesn`t answer the question why this operation is so slow.

You're right, it doesn't.

We're planning on doing a performance audit for 1.7, and this is one
area I've already marked (others have noted similiar issues with Multi
elements that have large sets).

Please file an issue for this, and indicate:

  * What operating system you're using
  * What version of PHP you're using
  * Whether or not you're using an opcode cache (you should!)
  * The size of the data set you're looping over
  * What benchmarks you may have run

This will help us better understand the problem set so that we can have
accurate profiling -- which will hopefully lead to some optimizations.