From: Jake McGraw [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2008 1:07 PM
To: Terre Porter; fw-general
Subject: Re: [fw-general] Zend_Json::decode in Controller causing Blank
Screen of Death

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 12:31 PM, Terre Porter
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've been following this a little.
>
> If I understand this right...
>
> The json decode works if you dump the var but not if you allow the
> page to run through the view.
>
> What happens in the view?
>
> You mention these :
>
> -- sets HTML head
> -- spits out contents

My Layout:

<?php

        // <meta>
        $this->headMeta()
                ->appendHttpEquiv('Content-Type', 'text/html;
charset=UTF-8')
                ->appendHttpEquiv('Content-Language', 'en-US');

        $this->headTitle()
                ->headTitle('My Page', 'APPEND');

        echo $this->doctype('XHTML1_STRICT');
?>

        <head>
                <?= $this->headMeta() ?>

                <?= $this->headTitle() ?>

        </head>
                <?= $this->layout()->content ?>

My View:
<h1>HELLO WORLD</h1>

In the course of debugging this, I've tried to take out all of the possible
bugs, I've narrowed it down to one thing: attempting to json_decode a
perfectly valid JSON string, which I've attached, prior to preDispatch(),
View, Layout rendering causes blank screen.

- jake