Regarding the HTML invoices you mentioned, you can use the CSS "page-break-before" and "page-break-after" rules to control page breaks in the HTML.

However, in my experience, creating HTML files this large usually crashed the browser. I was trying to create reports with hundreds of pages, and what would happen was the browser's memory usage would just climb dramatically, and become completely unresponsive while it was trying to parse the 50MB or so of HTML.

When I last tried to create invoices with DOMPDF, I was disappointed to find out it doesn't yet support absolute positioning, which complicated my plan to the point where I just created the invoices directly in PDF with fpdf.

Hope this helps,
Bryce Lohr

Michał Zieliński wrote:
Said that I was thinking about html (without PDF gen). What if I create 3000
invoices as a one HTML document. It would be one long HTML page without any
end page tags which supposed to say printer to start printing the next text
on the new page.

Maybe fpdf or dompdf is faster for this particular task? Creating
complicated invoices with HTML and than convert it to pdf with dompdf would
probably be the easies way. However, don`t know how much time it would take
to convert it.