Hello,

I'm a ZF newb and I've been architecting a new project for my company with
the Zend Framework in mind. I've got Zend_Auth and Zend_Acl under control
and working appropriately.

However, the next issue that I have is that I want to limit a user not just
by role (Zend_Acl), but also by a particular group(s) that a user has been
assigned. e.g. product, region, customer type, business unit, etc.

I'll give an example:

 - Say we have a role of Content Admin.

 - User A and User B are both assigned the Content Admin role, so can see
exactly the same modules, resources, and have the same permissions.

 - However, I want to limit individual pieces of content that User A and
User B can administer, based on the fact that they are assigned to different
groups (products and business units).

 - For example, User A can only administer content for Product C assigned to
Business Unit E, and User B can only administer Product D assigned to
Business Unit E.

 - Another example: User A can administer content for Business Unit A and B,
while User B can only administer content in Business Unit C.

Hopefully that makes sense...

I was assuming that there would be some sort of philosophical Zend approach
to do this type of content/group filtering/restriction. So I did a lot of
poking around the ZF site, forums and personal blogs, but I wasn't able to
find anything concrete(as far as I understood) that details a ZF method of
doing this. I feel confident I can create something from scratch over time,
but would like to avoid "re-inventing the wheel".

As an aside, I think that I'm going to try digging into the Zend_Acl
advanced assertions section to see what I come up with. I may be able to get
something working from that.

Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks