After upgrading to ZF 1.6, some of my Form->Select elements started having validation errors of 'value was not found in the haystack'.

Firstly, I have not added any validators to these elements, so I don't know if it is a new feature of the framework to automatically add the InArray validator to certain elements.

Secondly, and more importantly, the select element is using a multi-dimensional which automatically creates OPTGROUP tags as headers within the selection. It looks like InArray is only checking against the first level of the array and does not check recursively. Since these OPTGROUP values are not selectable, the element will always fail validation.

Can somebody clarify or comment on any of this?

Arthur