Thanks for the tips. But i CAN'T apply any of them now. The design has been
approved and i need to i implement things as they are. 'Over engineered' - I
dont care. As long my code works as expected. I simply want to pass my PHP
array into my javascript function. - very simple code i dont see why i need
to implement a library just for that.

Colin Guthrie-6 wrote:

> dele454 wrote:
>> WHat exactly am i doing wrong??? currently my URL reads as
>> Code:
>>
>> http://mainevent.com/admin/galleries/delete-pics/pid/delete[]/type/event/id/313
>>
>> I think the main hassle is from posting the form getting all the
>> checkboxes
>> in array delete[] to the js and then to the controller that then
>> initiates
>> the delete by reading the parameter from the URL, iterating over the
>> array
>> variable etc.
>>
>> Pls help!!
>

> As a general bit of advice, I would never do any destructive with GET
> requests (e.g. manipulating the URL and redirecting via window.location).
>
> If you need to do it fully in javascript, look at some kind of AJAX call
> that can do POSTs (my preference is jquery, but dojo may be preferred
> with ZF...)
>

> But, really this is over engineered and you should look at a different
> approach.. here is my hint:
>
> 1. Just use a normal form. Have all the checkboxes and the "Delete
> Selected" button on the same form.
> 2. POST said form (do not use GET).
> 3. If you want to give the user a chance to backout with a javascript
> confirmation, define an onsubmit handler for the form. Depending on what
> this handler returns, the browser will either process or cancel the form
> submission. So you in it's most basic form:
> <form method="post" action="myurl" onsubmit="return confirm('Are you
> sure?');">
>
> That should be better!
>
> Oh, and just for future reference if you want to pass arrays or generic
> classes to javascript from php, you want to look into JSON and
> specifically the json_encode() function (although there may be a ZF
> wrapped up version - not sure!)
>
> Col
>
> --
>
> Colin Guthrie