Matthew Weier O'Phinney-3 wrote:

> -- Aldemar Bernal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
> (on Tuesday, 08 April 2008, 05:47 AM -0500):
>> just curious, doesn't Zend_Form create a hidden element with value 0 for
>> the
>> checkbox field?
>
> No. The Checkbox element itself is "smart" enough to determine if the
> value was set, and will return either the "checkedValue" or
> "uncheckedValue" appropriately.
>
> These values are 1 and 0 by default, respectively, and you can set them
> using the keys as specified above, or using their accessors
> (setCheckedValue() and setUncheckedValue()). If no value is provided
> for the checkbox, the value of the element will be the uncheckedValue;
> if the value is the same as the checkedValue, that will be used.

Ok, this post is a little old (from April) but I've got a question, what's
the whole point of this hidden element being added with a checkbox element?
This is new to me all around and I was a little surprised and confused as to
why this is being added.

I'm just not sure why (INI config file):

project.form.drivers.elements.businessinnov.type = "checkbox"

produces (HTML):

<input type="hidden" name="drivers[businessinnov]" value="0" />
<input type="checkbox" name="drivers[businessinnov]"
id="drivers-businessinnov" value="1" />

Thanks!
Fozzy