Hi Ralph,
Thank you very much for pointing  me to the alternate option.  It works
great.
I only have to change the autoincrement part to work with mysql.

I do have a couple more questions:

1. Since I work in Plesk with very limited permission, I cannot change the
web server's document root and I cannot add folder in the same level as the
httpsdoc folder either, so for this tutorial I have my project setup as
following:

httpsdoc
     public
     library
     application

I also change the .htaccess to route requests to /public/index.php.

It works for now, but as you points out in the tutorial, for security, I
would like to have this settings for real application:

private
     library
     application
httpsdoc- public

Is the bootstrap.php is the place I need to change to accomodate this?  Is
there a way to couple the folder structure with the framework flexibly?

2. Will the tutorial contain authentication parts?

Thanks,
springgrass

ps:  The tutorial's code sample doesn't  render well in ie7.  Look great in
firefox.  Thank you  for a wonderful tutorial.