Hi all,

I have a form that extends Zend_Dojo_Form.

I have all of my form elements, decorators etc created and the form displays
nicely.

The form uses Dojo elements: TextBox, DateTextBox, TimeTextBox, ComboBox,
TextArea (all of which work coincidentally i.e. the DateTextBox displays the
date selector upon clicking).

My problem lies in submitting a form for validation.

Upon displaying/rendering the form in a page (which as mentioned above
renders fine), clicking the "submit" button to submit the form does not do
anything (yes, the post and action are set). On a typical Zend_Form,
clicking submit without entering anything in the form fields results in
failed validation and errors such as "Field cannot contain an empty value".

It took me a long time but I have found that it is the DateTextBox and
TimeTextBox fields that are causing the problem. They are currently set to a
default blank value. A blank value is obviously not a valid date for
DateTextBox or a valid time in the case of the TimeTextBox. Entering a value
in the DateTextBox and TimeTextBox fields however does allows the form to be
submitted(!!) and in the case of the other form elements does display a
"Field cannot contain an empty value" error when they are empty or any other
appropriate error.

Basically the DateTextBox and TimeTextBox, when set to blank stop the the
form from being submitted (without error to suggest why).

Why when the fields are blank does the submit button not work/ the page isnt
submitted for validation? Surely the form should submit, fail validation and
display "cannot be empty" error message on the above fields as they are set
to required?

Is there some kind of Dojo validation on the client side which stops the
submit button from functioning until the date/time values are valid? If so,
how to display an error to the user suggesting this is the case? Simply not
allowing submission with no indication of error is not user friendly.

Thanks for your time. Maybe im doing something wrong?

Thanks,

David