valugi wrote:

> Your example is identical with mine only that you construct the ACL in
> place and I get it from a class. But in my case the second return is
> "true" which is very wrong.
>
> Also my object is more complex in terms of resources and roles both with
> inheritace levels.
> I read something about assertions breaking when inheritance is used and I
> think this could be the real problem. Because otherwise I did understand
> the mechanisms of Assertions.
>  http://framework.zend.com/issues/browse/ZF-1722
> http://framework.zend.com/issues/browse/ZF-1722

Given the fact that ACL will return false by default, the fact that you get
an unexpected True means that some form of inheritance ís working. Your
assertion works, it ignores the rule, but then - by means of inheritance (of
either the role or the resource) - it bumps into another rule that says:
'allow'

But, for me it is impossible to disect it for you with only a small example
that doesn't show all the influences.

You should try to find out (by outputting some variables) which allow-rule
is causing the 'true'

-----
http://devshed.excudo.net http://devshed.excudo.net