Hi all,

A few minutes ago I committed a new adapter for Zend_Paginator: Zend_Paginator_Adapter_TableSelect. As you would suspect, judging by the name, this adapter specializes in dealing with Zend_Db_Table_Select objects. The result of this specialization is that this new adapter is able to return Zend_Db_Table_Rowsets to the Paginator, which in turn is home to a collection of Zend_Db_Table_Rows. The DbSelect adapter will continue to work as expected, even with Zend_Db_Table_Select instances being passed to it. In fact, the Paginator's factory method will continue to return a Paginator with the DbSelect adapter, even if you feed it a Zend_Db_Table_Select object! This has been done to preserve backward-compatibility for Zend_Paginator.

To resolve this minor inconvenience, I would like to propose a minor BC break for the Zend Framework 1.7 release. If the Zend_Paginator::factory() method is supplied with a Zend_Db_Table_Select object, I would like it to return a Paginator with a TableSelect adapter. You would still be able to use the DbSelect adapter with your Zend_Db_Table_Select objects if you wish, just not through the factory method : )

Please let me know what you think about this proposal!

Enjoy the new adapter!

- Jurriën

P.S.: You can find the new adapter on SVN