aztechy wrote:

> Is this the wrong use?  Does $part have to be a zend_date constant?  And
> if so, can I tie multiple constants together to build a date of
> 'YYYY-MM-dd'?

I am using Zend_Date::DATE_SHORT as the part, and 'hr_HR' as the  locale and
my locale has Zend_Date::DATE_SHORT set as YYYY-MM-dd.

But if you are using this date object just for comparison purposes I would
go with PHPs built in functions.  Because MySQL always returns ISO_8601
representation of the date, date() and strotime() are faster.

Try something like this:

$date1 = value from the DB;
$date2 = value from the DB;

if ( date("Y-m-d", strtotime($date1) == date("Y-m-d", strtotime($date2) ) {
    $datesEqual = true;
} else {
    $datesEqual = false;
}