On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 7:51 AM, Rob Allen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You can see an example of this working in the tutorial at
> http://akrabat.com/zend-framework-tutorial as I wrote it with the assumption
> that you wouldn't want to go to the hassle of setting up a new vhost just to
> test out ZF. Just don't deploy to a live server like this :)

Thanks Rob and Chris!
And Rob, thanks for the tutorial too! Looks very interesting and useful.

> I have multiple copies of ZF - one per project in the lib directory as some
> projects may be on 1.0 and others one 1.5 and still others on 1.6.

I see.. as I said for now I'm new so I'm just usting 1.6 and probably
I'll do some test with the 1.7 development snapshots builds just to
try out the dojo visual editor ;)
btw.. is it usually hard to upgrade something you wrote for versione
1.5 so that it could use version 1.6 and so on? what are your
experiences and are there any "guidelines" / tips to follow in order
to keep your code easily upgradable to a newer version of the library?
or in some case it would just require too much effort so that is more
convenient to rewrite everything from scratch?

thanks.

bye,
Giovanni.