This is a known issue when using Oracle.  It will be fixed for 1.7.

http://framework.zend.com/issues/browse/ZF-4613

For the time being, however, you have a couple options.  You can subclass
the DbSelect adapter and capitalize the column identifier in
ROW_COUNT_COLUMN (i.e., "ZEND_PAGINATOR_ROW_COUNT"), then pass that adapter
into the Zend_Paginator constructor as described in the manual.

Or you can just modify the value directly in the adapter until 1.7 final is
released.  :-)

Hope that helps,

-Matt