Have a look at the paragraph 35.5.4: Text Drawing
http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/zend.pdf.drawing.html

It takes an optional argument for the character encoding which defaults to
the current locale. I think that is what is causing your problem

-----
http://devshed.excudo.net http://devshed.excudo.net