In a global config file I have setup my zend session options:

<!-- config snippet -->
    <session>
      <params>
        <save_path>/var/www/zend_sessions/</save_path>
        <!-- Remember session for one month -->
        <remember_me_seconds>2592000</remember_me_seconds>
      </params>
    </session>

<!-- end config snippet -->

/**
 * Set the Zend session options (global config)
 */
Zend_Session::setOptions($globalConfig->session->params->toArray());

In my bootstrap I am passing my zend session db information to the session
handler:

/**
     * Zend Session handling will be turned over to the database instead of
the file
     * system.
     *
   * NOTE: this config is also passed to Zend_Db_Table so anything specific
   * to the table can be put in the config as well
   */
    $sessionConfig = array(
        'name'              => 'sjcrh_session', //table name as per
Zend_Db_Table
        'primary'           => array(
            'session_id',   //the sessionID given by php
            'save_path',    //session.save_path
            'name'         //session name
        ),
        'primaryAssignment' => array( //you must tell the save handler which
columns you
                                      //are using as the primary key. ORDER
IS IMPORTANT
            'sessionId',          //first column of the primary key is of
the sessionID
            'sessionSavePath',    //second column of the primary key is the
save path
            'sessionName'        //third column of the primary key is the
session name
        ),
        'modifiedColumn'    => 'modified',     //time the session should
expire
        'dataColumn'        => 'session_data', //serialized data
        'lifetimeColumn'    => 'lifetime',     //end of life for a specific
record
    );

    /**
     * Tell Zend_Session to use your Save Handler
     */
    Zend_Session::setSaveHandler(new
Zend_Session_SaveHandler_DbTable($sessionConfig));

Everything works great at this point.  I can start my sessions (user login)
and see the information in the database.  My question is how do I get the
session lifetime to change from the default, 1440 seconds, to the
remember_me_seconds, 2592000.

In my login script I check to see if a user as selected the "remember me"
checkbox so their session TTL is extended.

I have tried a variety of ways, but when I query the lifetime column it
still remains 1440.

-Cory

--
Cory Wiles