Thanks for the comment Matthew, I'm using an example from your site in fact
ffor test, the TestHelper that gets included with every test.

Matthew Weier O'Phinney-3 wrote:

> A couple things to note. First, when testing, make sure that
> error_reporting is set to E_ALL|E_STRICT (8191), and that display_errors
> is on; disabling errors when testing is a good way to waste a lot of
> time.

Current settings in that TestHelper file are:
error_reporting( E_ALL | E_STRICT );
ini_set('display_errors', 1);

Matthew Weier O'Phinney-3 wrote:

> Second, I've occasionally had issues with PHP segfaulting during
> testing... and in such cases, there's little you can do except to begin
> commenting out tests until you find the offending one.
>
> Third, Zend_Loader::loadClass() will throw an exception if the requested
> class or interface was not loaded. Again, if display_errors is on and
> you have an appropriate error_reporting setting, you'll see this.

Same issue, I'm going to try and see if xdebug helps a bit later but it made
my Windows machine freak out completley so I'll try it when I get home.
More details as and when I get them :)