Hello

I am interested in using an action helper within my view to load the
view-specific sub menu. At the moment, i am calling a menu factory during
the controllers post dispatch method to assign the menu (identified by the
requests controller name) to the view.

What i would like to do instead is simply call a SubmenuController via an
action helper and have the submenu automatically loaded from within my
layout.

The only problem i am having, is that when i use the action helper in my
layout:
<?php echo $this->action('index', 'Submenu'); ?>
... i believe the request is fired off as a separate request, not as a
continuation of the current request. This means that the method i use to
identify the current controller is no longer valid, as
$request->getControllerName() will always be SubmenuController.

Is it possible to forward the request object via an action helper? Or is
there any other / better way to make the above possible?