My application works fine on my local machine and the previous build worked
fine on my remote machine.  On updating the remote copy however, I've
introduced URL problems.

Where I previously acccessed an action via
http://domain.com/controller/action/, and this still works in my local
environment, on the remote environment I now get the layout output fine, but
The page cannot be found beneath it, where the action output should be.

If I instead access http://domain.com/index.php/conroller/action/, it works.
Can anyone explain this change of behaviour to me?

In case this further information helps, the code $this->_redirect('/');
redirects to http://domain.com/index.php/ which doesn't work -
http://domain.com/index.php does.  The code
$this->url(array('controller'=>'myName')); links to
http://domain.com/index.php/myName

On both the local and remote servers, I'm running Windows/IIS with ISAPI
Rewrite with the rule:
RewriteRule ^(/[^.]+)$ /index.php?$1

As I say, the application still works fine on the local machine, so I don't
get it.  I'm new to Zend, so don't fully understand the behaviour I describe
- any pointers appreciated.

Thanks.