Hi

I did the QuickStart tutorial and that seemed to work more or less straight
forward (except for the fact that I cannot use <? as PHP-open-tag and I find
it irritating that this is used here while the coding-standard for ZF says
to always use <?php, but... anyway...)

My "problem" is, that the text, entered into the "comment" area is written
to the database with quotes. So if I enter

test'"\

in that field I see the text

test \'\"\\

in the "guestbook" and also in the database-file (less is my friend).

I cannot find the place where this quoting happens, though. After about 3
hours digging through the code and getting my brain into a knot I've given
up.

How do I stop this "writing-quoted-strings-to-database"? I understand that
quoting has to be done in a way, but what happens here seems to be some kind
of "double-quoting" as the quotes appear in the database, too?