'Twas brillig, and Eric Haskins at 15/01/09 05:51 did gyre and gimble:
Hello can anyone tell me the best way to accomplish this? I am porting a
legacy app I maintain to use MVC. On the auth query I join a customer info
table to store some other info in the session.

// Login Attempt
        $sql = "SELECT
                                *,
                                UNIX_TIMESTAMP(renew) AS renew_unix,
                                UNIX_TIMESTAMP(signup) AS signup_unix
                        FROM
                                `users`
                                LEFT JOIN `users_info` USING (userid)
                        WHERE
                                username = '".clean_string('username')."'
                                AND
passwd = '".md5(clean_string('passwd'))."'";
        $res = $db->get_row($sql);

How can I port this for use Zend_Auth so the additional info is stored in
the Auth or should I just suck it up and combined users_info and users.
Thx for any ideas

I had a similar problem which I was tempted to code a fix for but in the end I just created a VIEW in MySQL (I'm using v5) which did the join so the Zend_Auth_Adapter_DbTable could just see the data like a single "table".

Dunno if that will work for you tho'.

Col

--

Colin Guthrie