Ok, just found this after re-reading the docs:

"ComboBoxes return the label values
ComboBoxes return the label values, and not the option values, which can
lead to a disconnect in expectations. For this reason, ComboBoxes do not
auto-register an InArray validator (though FilteringSelects do)."

Please disregard my previous mail ;)

Jeroen