Hi Phoenix,

First, I'd like to address your issue getting Zend Framework to work without
PHPUnit.  You should be able to use Zend Framework without PHPUnit installed
without error.  Only the tests explicitly require it (as far as I know).
What path are you adding to your include_path?  It should be similar to the
following:

/usr/share/php/ZendFramework-1.7.4/library

Where '/usr/share/php' would be your specific installation path.

Secondly, (sales pitch warning) Zend Framework is very modular and allows
you to pick and choose components to use in your application.  Since you're
not wanting to use the MVC features, all you need to do is include the
proper file (Zend/Gdata/Docs.php), and instanciate the proper class
(Zend_Gdata_Docs).  All dependencies will be handled for you, and the only
thing loaded in memory will be what is needed to use the component you're
after.

Unfortunately, there's no way to easily install ONLY the component you need
(and it's dependencies).

--
A.J. Brown
web | http://ajbrown.org