Hey Thomas & Eric,

I've actually come accross this same issue last night, except I was trying
to use the PregReplace filter.  My goal was to strip all characters from the
name, except those that I allow (which is alphanumerics plus underscore and
period).

Here's my code.  Note line 41 (and yes, I know I spelled injestion wrong
:)):

http://pastebin.com/m4c6060c3

And here's the value of injestion->filenameRegex in my config.xml:

<filenameRegex><![CDATA[/[^a-z1-9\-_ ]/i]]></filenameRegex>

After upload, the filename is not replaced.  Will I have to actually use
Rename?  How do I accomplish this with my current code, since I won't know
what the new name should be at the form level?