On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 7:54 AM, Matthew Weier O'Phinney <matt...@zend.com>wrote:

> Use Zend_Dojo_Data, which was built precisely for this purpose. :)
>
> Simply do the following:
>
>    $data = new Zend_Dojo_Data('id', $object->fetchAll(), 'name');
>    echo $data;
>
> I'm assuming that the "fetchAll()" you referenced in the earlier post
> was a call to a database adapter or a Zend_Db_Table object; either way,
> Zend_Dojo_Data is smart enough to figure it out.
>
> As some background, the ComboBox and FilteringSelect widgets expect a
> dojo.data payload in order to build the options for autocompletion.
> dojo.data is an abstracted JSON data format used in Dojo for a variety
> of widgets. Zend_Dojo_Data was created to create such structures.

Also, if you don't want to mess up any other calls which use that data, you
can just pass in a query parameter to tell your action whether or not it
should make a dojo.data payload, or "regular" JSON.  This is what I'm doing
in one of my projects, which has a complete JSON driven API.

--
A.J. Brown
web | http://ajbrown.org