On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 12:37 PM, william0275 <nab...@metayer.info> wrote:

> Well, I'll tell you what my real problem is. I know ZF is open source, and
> love ZF, don't get me wrong... but it's very frustrating to find some part
> of ZF completely OOP with good practices, and some other parts that are
> complete hacks. I don't understand this. I guess I'm not used to the open
> source process, but I don't understand why there's no folk from Zend or
> other companies, folks with deeper knowledge of OOP, that will code review
> most code in Zend Framework and fix these "messes". I mean, I sincerely
> hope
> Zend Framework achieves recognition with big companies and big projects,
> and
> the way to start is by being very serious with your OOP design. You've got
> Java and .NET out there which is now very robust in term of OOP framework.

I'm sure they'll gladly implement the changes if you open a ticket and
submit a patch.  You, after all, are one of those knowledgeable OOP people
that could fix the problem, and part of the Open Source process includes
providing your own contributions whenever possible :)

> I've recently had the hardest time trying to extend the Zend Framework to
> build some custom classes because some modules won't use interfaces at all
> (while others will use them intensively). I hope Zend Framework won't turn
> into "glue" like PHP did!

Maybe it would be usefult to provide examples of what you're doing.  Maybe
someone can offer some rhyme or reason why it doesn't work, or perhaps offer
an alternative.  Remember, Using a framework DOES impose some sort of
structure onto your application (opposed to a library, which does not.).

--
A.J. Brown
web | http://ajbrown.org