In the ZF Documentation regarding the Zend_Db_Table_Abstract, the
instructions regarding init() state:

class Bugs extends Zend_Db_Table_Abstract
{
    protected $_observer;

    protected function init()
    {
        $this->_observer = new MyObserverClass();
    }

However when I use "protected" for my init() function, I get the
following error:

Fatal error: Access level to Events::init() must be public (as in
class Zend_Db_Table_Abstract) in

Am I doing something wrong somewhere or is the documentation wrong/outdated?

This is in my bootstrap if it matters:

// DATABASE ADAPTER - Setup the database adapter
$dbAdapter = Zend_Db::factory($configuration->database);

// DATABASE TABLE SETUP - Setup the Database Table Adapter
Zend_Db_Table_Abstract::setDefaultAdapter($dbAdapter);

Thanks!

Jason DEBORD
Limoges, France