Ok, maybe I'm totally wrong but can I do something like this and how:

class MyController extends Zend_Controller_Action
{
  public $value

  public function __construct() {
    if($this->_request->getParam('value'))
      $this->value = $this->_request->getParam('value');
    else
      $this->value = 0;

is this possible? I want to set my $value so that I can use it in all my
actions (when called). But the value can be a default (0) or it can be
passed by getParam. Don't know if this is the correct way. Maybe someone can
help me with this.

when I left out all the thing with getParam I get:
Fatal error: Call to a member function notifyPreDispatch() on a non-object
in C:\wamp\php\Zend\Controller\Action.php on line 490

when I do it with the getParam I get:
Fatal error: Call to a member function getParam() on a non-object in
C:\wamp\www\app\modules\my\controllers\MyController.php on line 16

-----
visit my website at  http://www.phpscriptor.com/ http://www.phpscriptor.com/