To: <fw-general@lists.zend.com>
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 6:41 PM
Subject: [fw-general] Problems with cookies and translations

Greetings.

I'm very new with ZF so please excuse any ignorance on my part.

I'm developing a website that must have multiple languages for the user to choose (namely: en_US, and pt_BR). The idea is having icons present in all pages that the user can click, resulting in:

1) Change the default locale for him.
2) Rendering the page where he's in again, so he sees that page in the desired language "automatically". 3) Setting a cookie so the next time he visits the site the correct locale is already set

Although this might sound pretty straightforward I must confess I'm completely confused.

The translation works fine in the page's initial load (it loads in English because my browser's locale is en_US), but it doesn't work after the redirect. After the user clicks the icon (in this example, the icon for pt_BR) the page loads without rendering the view and instead of the translated strings I get only the indexes for the language array ('title', 'phone', 'explain', etc...).

I've also noticed that the cookie is not saved.

Here's how I'm trying to achieve this (this will be simple to show, since the site has just a front page for now):

app/controllers/IndexController.php - http://paste2.org/p/146862
app/views/scripts/index/index.phtml - http://paste2.org/p/146866

(BTW, the registry is being set in my bootstrap).

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

TIA,

Galvao