To: <fw-general@lists.zend.com>
Sent: Monday, February 16, 2009 12:28 PM
Subject: Re: [fw-general] User uploads file bigger than what's allowed in php.ini, can it be caught?

Bug in my code or bug in Zend Framework?

bytte wrote:

I'm now using setMaxFileSize().

Here's the (reduced for readability) code in my controller to retrieve and validate the form input. I have two forms on the same page so that's why I do the array_key_exists thing to check which form was submitted. Might not
be the best way of doing things.

file1 is the name of the upload file field.

if($this->_request->isPost()) {
$formData = $this->_request->getPost();
if(array_key_exists('file1',$formData)) {
if($bestandenForm->isValid($formData)) {
if ($_FILES['file1']['tmp_name']) {
$formData['file1'] = $_FILES['file1'];
}
//do something with the file via upload class
        //then redirect user if successful
}
} else {
//other form is submitted, validate and do something with it

thomasW wrote:

Use setMaxFileSize() instead of adding the field manually.

Beside that it seems like you are doing something wrong when processing
the
files.
How does your validation/retrievment code looks like ?
This failure is thrown when you are trying to receive a non existant file
for example.

Greetings
Thomas Weidner, I18N Team Leader, Zend Framework
http://www.thomasweidner.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "bytte" <thomas.bytteb...@gmail.com>