Fantastic..That worked..thank you Matthew.

my final struggle is this

foreach ($this->_campaignCreateForm->getMessages() as $message)
                  {
                  $this->flash(("Invalid Data: $message\n"), 'error',
'/advertiser/create-campaign');
                  }

returns the flash message, but the $message is simply an Array, and not the
message set in the ini. So i think im confused there as well

these are the messages i have set in the ini based on the particular
validation.

advertiser.campaignCreate.elements.name.options.validators.notempty.options.messages.isEmpty
= "A Campaign Name required."
advertiser.campaignCreate.elements.name.options.validators.alpha.options.messages.notAlpha
= "Invalid Campaign Name. Can only contain letters."

Matthew Weier O'Phinney-3 wrote:

> -- Bob O <b...@electricgraffitti.com> wrote
> (on Saturday, 14 February 2009, 05:54 PM -0800):
>>
>> If anyone could point me in a good direction that would be great
>>
>> Im trying to get this form to validate
>
> <snip - INI and view code>
>
>> this is my Controller code -
>>
>>         $config = new Zend_Config_Ini(APPLICATION_PATH .
>> '/config/campaignCreateForm.ini');
>>         $this->_campaignCreateForm = new
>> Zend_Form($config->advertiser->campaignCreate);
>>
>> But im at a loss as to how the validations work?
>
> In your controller, pass data from the request to the form's isValid()
> method:
>
>     if
> ($this->_campaignCreateForm->isValid($this->getRequest()->getPost())) {
>         // Validates!
>     }
>
> --
> Matthew Weier O'Phinney