Hi,
I'm trying to use Zend_Dojo_Form to create a form where users can click a
link next to each element to e.g. verify that element against the database
in some way.  So next to every element, I want a link saying 'verify', with
an onclick handler to do some XHR stuff.  Also before each element I want a
div I can populate with the results of my verify XHR stuff.  (this isn't
quite what I want to do, but serves to explain my question).  I'm using the
Zend_Dojo_Form example as my starting point for a tabbed form, and I'm
floundering a fair bit due to inexperience.

It seems to me that a good way of doing this is to use the ViewScript
helper, so I tried to use the example from the manual
(http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/zend.form.standardDecorators.html#zend.form.standardDecorators.viewScript)
.  However, the labels properties & input properties are set differently to
what I was expecting.

Using the default decorators in the form example, you get output like:
<input id="textboxtab-timebox" name="textboxtab[timebox]" value=""
type="text" />
<label for="textboxtab-currencybox" class="required">CurrencyTextBox</label>

Using the viewscript helper, you get code like
<label for="datebox">DateTextBox</label>
<input id="datebox" name="datebox" value="2008-07-05" type="text" />

The id, name, class etc. are not set identically.  I believe the culpable
code in the viewscript partial is
$this->formLabel($this->element->getName(),
                         $this->element->getLabel()) ?>
    <?= $this->{$this->element->helper}(
        $this->element->getName(),
        $this->element->getValue(),
        $this->element->getAttribs()
    ) ?>

but I'm frankly lost as to what I should be using instead.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks,
Mark