-- vadim gavrilov <vadim...@gmail.com> wrote
(on Monday, 02 March 2009, 03:15 PM +0200):
> Any example for this? Since i saw that Matthew didn't use any router.

The router is used on every request -- I simply wasn't defining any
custom *routes* -- and herein lies your confusion, I think.

Zend_Controller_Router_Regex is registered with the front controller by
default. This router, by default, registers a route that corresponds to
(:module/):controller/:action/*. I you want any additional routes, you
must register them yourself -- and you must do so *before* the router is
invoked.

Router invocation is the first part of the front controller's dispatch()
routine. You have two places you can then register routes: your
bootstrap, or in a routeStartup() plugin.

The current stable pastebin app uses an "Initialize" plugin that is
registered with routeStartup(), and could be easily modified to do route
initialization if necessary.

On the whole, however, it's rare that you will need to do explicit,
custom routes per controller; if you are, you may want to re-think your
routing strategy to make it more predictable and uniform.

As for custom routes per module, you have several options.

  * In your bootstrap, loop through each module directory and check for
    a route bootstrap (a similar tack is taken in the upcoming
    Zend_Application), configuration file, and/or plugin.

  * Use a config file to define routes for your entire application.

  * Use a routeStartup() plugin that checks each module directory for a
    configuration file defining routes for that module.

Software Architect       | matt...@zend.com
Zend Framework           | http://framework.zend.com/