> From: list-zf-gene...@nico.edtinger.at
> To: fire-eyed-...@hotmail.com
> Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 16:46:56 +0100
> CC: fw-general@lists.zend.com
> Subject: Re: [fw-general] Zend_Mail & Zend_Mail_Transport_Sendmail (ZF 1.7.5)
> bugs. Can somebody confirm?
>
> Hi strange-looking-man!

I guess that would be me. :-)

> That's more a problem with mail() under Windows that can't be solved in ZF.

Ah yes of course.  But that is only concerning the $name adding problem no? I
was under the impression that Zend_Mail was able to circumvent this somehow. I
must have gotten this mixed up at one point with the From field. This does seem
to be able to add a $name value. But this was probably standard mail()
behaviour already then.

Still strange though that, disregarding the above, the Sendmail transport adds
every recipient to the To field. That looks like a regular bug to me. What do
you think?

> But as it uses SMTP anyway you could just switch to the SMTP

> transport. Use ini_get() to get the same settings from your php.ini.

Good suggestion. I've done this now. Works like a charm. Thanks.

> nico
>
> <fire-eyed-...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Can anybody confirm that the latest Zend_Mail has the following bugs
> > in combination with Zend_Mail_Transport_Sendmail. I'm not sure
> > whether this relates to Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp too.
> >
> > 1) Cc and Bcc recipients are also added to the To list:
> > I think I traced this down to the following lines in the following
> > methods:
> >
> > Zend_Mail::_addRecipientAndHeader()
> > $this->_recipients[$email] = 1;
> >
> > Zend_Mail::getRecipients()
> > return array_keys($this->_recipients);
> >
> > Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract::send()
> > $this->recipients = implode(',', $mail->getRecipients());
> >
> > Zend_Mail_Transport_Sendmail::_sendMail()
> > $result = mail(
> >                $this->recipients,
> > etc...
> >

> > The first argument for mail() should only contain To addresses, not
> > all addresses.
> >
> > This could very well only be related to Windows as per
> >
> > Zend_Mail_Transport_Sendmail::_prepareHeaders()
> >
> > if (0 === strpos(PHP_OS, 'WIN')) {
> >
> > etc...
> >
> > Can somebody confirm that this is accurate?
> >
> > 2) Cc's with $name gives 'SMTP server response: 501 5.5.4 Invalid
> > Address'
> > This could very well be related to bug 1 because the first argument
> > to the mail() call now contains invalid filtered Cc addresses.
> >
> > Please confrim this with me, so I will file a bug report.
> >
> > Cheers
> >

> > System:
> > OS: Windows XP SP3
> > Webserver: Apache 2.2.9
> > PHP: 5.2.6

> > Blijf altijd op de hoogte van wat jouw vrienden doen
> > http://home.live.com

Download de nieuwste emoticons voor in je Messenger
http://www.msnmessengerexperience.nl/chuck/