I have a form class that creates form elements based on database information.
The problem is that the form takes more than 20 seconds to load on my
localhost. On the web server it's even worse: the form doesn't load at all
because of limited memory resources.

I was hoping you guys could give me some tips on optimizing my form setup.
The web application I'm working on is an online park administration tool for
a company that repairs playground equipment for its clients. Every few
months the company needs to check the status of the playground equipment.
They can do that by filling in the form that loads form fields based on a
few predefined checkpoints.

Eg. "Is there still enough sand in the area around the playground device?"
etc.

I have a database with a clients table, a playgrounds table, a equipment
table and a checkpoints table. Every client owns a few playgrounds. Every
playground consists of some devices (equipment). And every device has a few
checkpoints that need to be checked. Basically the form displays input
fields for every checkpoint for every device for every playground of that
particular client.

Currently I query the playgrounds table to find all playgrounds the logged
in client owns.
Then for every playground I display a subform.
In the subform I have another subform for every playground device.
Then I query the database to find the checkpoints for every device.
Based on those checkpoints the form displays some form fields in the devices
subform.

Of course I use a lot of foreach() loops to be able to display all necessary
form fields.

foreach($playgrounds as $playground) {
    $devices =
$playgrounds->fetchAll($playgrounds->select()->where('playground_id =
?',$playground->id);
    foreach($devices as $device) {
        $checkpoints =
$checkpoints->fetchAll($checkpoints->select()->where('device_id =
?',$device->id);
        foreach($checkpoints as $checkpoint) {
            //create form fields

I found that if there's less checkpoints the form loads way quicker. I was
wondering if there's a better way of coding in order to have the form load
faster.