In mycontroller, I only don't want to cache the indexAction, all the other
actions should be cached.

Is there are better way to make that happen than the following?

$frontendCacheOptions = array(
  'regexps' => array('^/mycontroller(/|/index)?' => array('cache' => false))
);

The above works, but it's a bit unintuitive and clumsy. Perhaps a future
enhancement would be the option to provide a module/controller/action
combination; or if that would be to limiting, perhaps an example in the
documentation for the right regular expression to use in this situation
would help users. This is all considering you can hit the indexAction from:
mycontroller
mycontroller/
mycontroller/index

I suppose pulling the $cache from the registry and putting a
$cache->cancel(); in the indexAction would achieve the same thing.