Wil,

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 3:40 PM, Wil Sinclair <w...@zend.com> wrote:

>  Good question. We will not be incrementing the release number. This might
> cause confusion for 2 reasons: no release was actually built and offered on
> the site, and it would blur our policy of leaving old releases branches
> completely behind. Obviously we’re making an exception for security patches
> on the second point, although as a community we should really be putting the
> effort in to testing BC so that few people will have to take advantage of
> this update method. So, for these reasons, we’d prefer to use the patch
> convention: 1.7.7-p1, for example.
>

> Matthew will be creating a p2 tag later today, and may create a p1 tag next
> week (there shouldn’t be anyone who should need this tag at this point + it
> is complicated by the commit order of the backports).

That is great, thanks! It seems more appropriate for me to use a tag in my
svn:externals so that I know exactly what codebase I'm getting and it
doesn't change on me until I make the decision (I know, I could just specify
the revision number). I can understand why you'd want to use the patch
convention to make it clear that you're not supporting that branch anymore
(except for security patches) - definitely makes sense to me.

> As always, thanks for the feedback!

Of course!

Thanks,
Bradley