Your config looks good, do you have any other resources called db?

I have:

resources.db.adapter = "PDO_MYSQL"
resources.db.isdefaulttableadapter = true
resources.db.params.dbname = "storefront"
resources.db.params.username = "root"
resources.db.params.password = "root"
resources.db.params.hostname = "localhost"
resources.db.params.driver_options.1002 = "SET NAMES UTF8;"

Which is working fine with the latest trunk.